There really isnt anything uber wonderful about Meridian, but i do enjoy it enough, i live blocks away. Ive been a member for 6 months...just some quick facts.
Read more at losangeles.citysearch.com
- pro athletes? Where? It sounds like an employee wrote the above review.
- the staff isnt the friendliest, they try and get you out of the gym if it nears 11pm with snide anouncements over the intercom about wanting to leave soon that night, pretty unprofessional.
- Lockers and towel service is great, always enough space, never a problem in that area, safe too.
- the weight training area is small, it gets stuffy at times, peak hours specially, their machines are fairly modern though, and everything is very clean.
- Some Staff is really nice and helpful, but there are a few that carry a chip on their shoulders, dont always greet you, and the whole "they know you by name" is not true, not that it should be a dealbreaker, but they arent that sweet. And sometimes its uncomfortable, youd expect more.
- no meat heads which is good. Most if not all the members are friendly, safe area.
- They Gym is small.
- If you live in Park Labrea, be aware, you have to buy an extra card to enter the PB facility, they wont tell you about this when you sign up, poor communication on their part.
Im an ex college athlete, train daily, and will likely be leaving when my membership is up. No Pool, no basketball court, or outdoor facility.